- Have you maximized your RRSP / TFSA contributions and taken them at the beginning or during the year?
- Have you combined your donations and had the higher spouse claim them to maximize your credit (for couples) to reduce your income taxes payable?
- Has the lower income earner claimed your medical expenses (for couples)?
- Are you taking advantages of the new income splitting opportunity (for seniors or family couples)?
- Do you purchase bus passes?
- Do you know that many individuals do not file their tax returns without realizing that they are entitled to a refund?
- You will also find several important reminders listed on my New Client Registration & Information Form, to allow you to take advantage of other tax credits and deductions you may be entitled to.
Watch video: Top 5 Tax Preparation Tips (in french)
Newer credits and deductions!!!
– Have you taken advantage of the new Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)?
– Have you applied for the Ontario Senior Homeowners’ Property Tax Grant (OSHPTG)?
Useful Tax Links
|– CRA Tax Tips :||Tax Tips – 2016|
|– CRA Fact Sheet :||CRA Fact sheet – 2016|
|– TaxTips :||Canadian Tax & Financial Information|
|– Taxes.ca :||Canadian Tax Info|
|– Taxes Canada :||Tax Tips by line number|
|– Taxes Canada :||Income Tax Checklist|